Job ID: 24
Category: Information Technology
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserv...
Job ID: 24
Category: Information Technology
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the world.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is seeking a Software Engineering Lead (Software Engineer IV) to provide technical oversight of a team of developers and associated project deliverables. A qualified candidate will have at least 2 years of experience as a senior developer.
This role will work together with Development, Product, Quality Assurance, Architecture, and Leadership to ensure projects meet business requirements, are delivered on time, adhere to quality standards, align with broader technical initiatives, have measurable outcomes, and follow enterprise software best practices.
The Lead will mentor other developers in the usage of mature coding patterns and practices through training, peer programming exercises, and code reviews. The position is also expected to contribute to code delivery, balancing the concerns of leadership and individual contributorship in order to best serve the team's needs.
- Ensures tactical adherence to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), the delivery roadmap, and the release pipeline to facilitate the timely and quality-focused delivery of software.
- Coordinates with developers, other team leads, and enterprise architects to develop full-stack, reusable solutions that match company objectives, follow agreed-upon standards, perform at production scale and concurrency, and implement industry best practices.
- Contributes to code creation and reviews to facilitate and expedite team deliverables.
- Reviews data analytics to ensure ongoing quality of deliverables.
- Participates in daily scrums and provides regular status updates to tech leadership to identify and resolve any roadblocks, missing requirements, unidentified dependencies, or any other technical complications, risks, or deviations from the agreed upon body of work.
- Helps to identify (and arbitrate) tradeoffs between iterative improvement and maintainability of code.
- Understand and practice modern principles and patterns of object-oriented code reusability and abstraction.
- Practices and promotes excellent communication, including documentation of internal methodologies and processes.
- Partners with tech leadership and product to identify, prioritize, and schedule the pay-down of technical debt.
- Nurtures a positive and professional environment where developers are empowered to contribute their best work and ideas.
- Adheres to the principles of servant leadership.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) for the technology and product features he or she manages.
Benefits of Joining the Club
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an advanced level of English proficiency, as this role will engage with business stakeholders in the North American market.
- Extensive experience developing enterprise level and service-based applications (particularly microservices).
- Experience working with pub/sub style architectures or any distributed equivalent, including the complexities of managing data consistency.
- Test driven development (TDD) and/or behavior driven development (BDD) experience.
- Extensive cloud experience, preferably in Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- Understanding of business intelligence and analytics.
- Experience with ecommerce platforms (e.g. Magento, Shopify, BroadLeaf) and payment systems (Stripe, WorldPay, Elavon).
- Experience with both traditional RDBMS platforms such as Postgres or MySQL, but also exposure and experience with NoSQL based platforms such as MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Experience with ORMs (particularly Django ORM).
- Experience with at least two application development stacks (.NET and Python/Ruby preferred, VueJS is also a plus).
- Understanding of and experience with continuous integration, build, and release practices.
- Expert knowledge in service topology, protocol, security, and discovery; SOAP, REST.
- 2+ years of overall technical implementation experience as a senior developer.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience at an enterprise level.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Flexible Time Off
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
- What is SmileDirectClub? Link here.
- What are our customers saying? Link here.
- What is a SmileShop? Link here.
- What is our culture like? Link here.
- How do we celebrate your team members? Link here.