VA Boston Healthcare System
Come join us in Boston at The VA Boston Healthcare System (VABHS), New England's premier...
VA Boston Healthcare System
Come join us in Boston at The VA Boston Healthcare System (VABHS), New England's premier referral center for Veterans' healthcare. VABHS is the largest recipient of VA research funds in the nation and ranked #3 among 146 VA facilities nationally for overall employee satisfaction.
The VABHS CSP Informatics Center has a full-time Python Developer opening. In this position, you will develop web applications and data science pipelines for our exciting research and clinical operations projects.
You will join a strong, collegial, friendly, and talented team of computer scientists, statisticians, and clinicians at the VA. VA Boston is a leading research center affiliated with Harvard Medical School and the BU School of Medicine, and was named among the Top 100 Places to Work by the Boston Globe.
Our team works closely with the VA's electronic health record (EHR) database, which is the largest integrated medical records database in the United States, containing comprehensive clinical information on over 22 million patients (2 trillion+ rows, 22,000+ columns of data), including large amounts of both structured and unstructured data.
- Develop web applications using Python with Flask, Bootstrap, and SQL.
- Assist our team of data scientists in developing data science pipelines for use in these applications.
- Work with team members to understand requirements and implement features.
- Develop unit and integration tests.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Collaborate with a range of clinical and research stakeholders.
- Outstanding Python programming skills and significant software development experience
- Experience with Flask or a similar Python web framework
- Proficiency with SQL
- MUST be a US Citizen and MUST clear a US government background check.
- BS/BA or MS/MA in computer science, engineering, life science, or related field.
- Experience with developing software for use in clinical care is a plus.
- Experience with electronic medical record data or clinical databases is a plus.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to drive projects independently with moderate support.
- Close attention to detail and strong organization skills.
The VA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ applicants are encouraged to apply. Those who are interested in pursuing an academic career are encouraged to apply and become an active member of our research team. Since this is a federal position, candidates must be US citizens. Non-citizens will not be considered for the position.
If providing care for our veterans is something that appeals to you while enjoying amazing benefits, in addition to working and living in an area rich in history, culture, and recreational opportunities, this position is for you!
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or inquiries, by September 1, 2021, with "Software Developer" in the e-mail subject line, to: