OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 28,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordabili...
OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 28,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower costs and a better overall experience. Leveraging expertise, flexible technology and a network of over 67,000 community pharmacies, and the use of our own state-of-the-art specialty and home delivery pharmacies and fulfillment centers, we are driving value to those we serve through our transforming capabilities. This is a place like no other and where you'll do your life's best work.(SM)
As a SQL / Python / Tableau Report Consultant ( Network Pricing Consultant ), you will provide key technical and analytical support behind the network pricing and performance management for our client, the UHC C&S business. In this individual contributor role, you will help to generate data extracts for the team to use, using your Python and SQL skills. As you interact with cross-functional teams across OptumRx, you will help support models for generic pricing, monitor and prepare client performance reports, and run ad hoc analyses as necessary. We're looking for someone with reporting and analytical skills who is also a solid collaborator and communicator; someone who can convey complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides analytic support and data extraction for pricing and reporting
- Prepares Tableau reporting
- Monitors client performance and develops reports
- Other duties and projects as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of reporting and/or pricing experience, using SQL and/or Python
- 3+ years of experience in a report analyst, business analyst, or pricing analyst role
- Proficiency using SQL for data extraction and analysis (intermediate+)
- Proficiency using Python for data extraction and analysis (intermediate+)
- Proficiency with MS Outlook (intermediate+)
- Proficiency with MS Word (intermediate+)
- Proficiency with MS Excel (intermediate+)
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint (intermediate+)
- Ability to collaborate with all levels within the organization, and work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Undergraduate degree
- Certification in SQL or Python
- Experience preparing and modifying Tableau workbooks (or other data visualization software)
- Experience within OptumRx (or another PBM)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000 (add additional reference for sales and physicians). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: financial analysis, data analysis, finance, FP&A, SQL, SAS, Python, R, Tableau, Excel, financial modeling, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois