We are seeking a Sr. GIS/Python Developer to assist with developing modern, advanced on-premise and cloud-based analytics ...
We are seeking a Sr. GIS/Python Developer to assist with developing modern, advanced on-premise and cloud-based analytics solutions, incorporating geospatial and big data to solve complex business operations challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-term opportunity with a competitive salary and great benefits.
As a Sr. GIS/Python Developer on technical projects, you enjoy working with business customers to design solutions and lead analysts and developers through iterative development cycles. You understand the importance of following best practices as you lead and develop code, test, debug, and deploy features and capabilities. You are a critical thinker, motivated, and have a passion to lead from the front and guide others. You think outside the box and enjoy researching and proposing innovative ideas. You are articulate and possess excellent presentation skills, capable of sharing ideas and concepts with business and technical staff alike.
- • Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- • 5+ years of experience using GIS products such as Esri ArcGIS software suite (Desktop, Pro, Server, SDE, and AGOL), Google Maps, and open source GIS tools
- • 10+ years of experience with enterprise software development using Python (2.x and 3.x)
- • Multithreading, asynchronous, server pool environments
- • Python frameworks such as Flask, Django, or Tornado
- • Knowledge of and experience developing web services using RESTful APIs, XML, SOAP, or JSON
- • Database and SQL experience (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- • Experience working in Linux environments and basic shell scripting; job scheduling and workload automation
- • Agile work environment (Scrum, Lean)
- • Cloud development/big data solutions
- • Functional programming experience
- • Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- • Routing technology
***** Preferably onsite but remote is possible. *****
***** US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. *****
***** We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. *****