Index Analytics, LLC, is a rapidly growing Baltimore-based small business providing health related consulting services to ...
Index Analytics, LLC, is a rapidly growing Baltimore-based small business providing health related consulting services to the federal government. At the center of our company culture is a commitment to instilling a dynamic and employee-friendly place to work. We place a priority on promoting a supportive and collegial team environment and enhancing staff's experience through career development and educational opportunities.
Index Analytics is seeking a Senior Python Developer to support Government clients in the Baltimore and Washington D.C. Metro Area. The Python Developer will perform as a technical resource within a project team. The position should be able to research, design, code, deploy, maintain Python code bases in AWS environment including DevOps activities. The person will be part of an active contributor within an Agile sprint team and needs to be productive with little supervision and a team player.
The person must have been living in US for the past 3 years. This is a mandatory requirement.
- Work with Business Analysts and/or business stakeholders to gather business requirements and translate to detailed technical specifications
- Work with Data Architect to understand the technical architecture, technical sections of the project proposals to design, build and optimize IT systems
- Maintain scalable data solutions in a Big Data Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- Design, develop, test, deploy, support development to IT systems and modernization of legacy systems
- Assist with implementing standard operating procedures, facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives, and leverage technical knowledge and expertise to drive improvements
- Present technical design approach, future roadmap, product recommendations and other technical presentations to senior leadership
- Assist DevOps team with any application related issues within DevOps CI/CD pipelines using open-source and COTS technical solutions
- Lead, mentor, and train peers on technical aspects of the project
- US citizen, or lived in the US for 3 of the last 5 years
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or relevant discipline required
- 8+ years of overall IT experience
- 5+ years of IT systems development experience
- 2+ years of Python and Spark Development experience
- Relational DB / NoSQL experience (PostgreSQL and Amazon Redshift or similar) with specific implementation on AWS cloud
- Strong real-life experience in python development especially in PySpark in AWS Cloud environment
- Expert in Python, Spark, and SQL as well as experience working across large environments
- Strong experience with source control systems such as Git, and CI/CD tools such as Cloudbees Jenkins
- Understanding of development methodology and actual experience writing functional and technical design specifications
- Experience with using agile methodologies for software development
- Strong AWS cloud computing experience. Extensive experience in Lambda, S3, EMR, and Redshift
- Must be able to work cross-functionally within a robust agile environment
- Experience in Pytest test automation framework
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication required
- Prior experience with Center for Medicare Medicaid Services or other Govt agencies is a plus
- Ability to obtain Public Trust level clearance
Index Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- provided by Dice