Sr Python Developer
CGI is looking for a self-motivated Support Engineer to join an established team supporting a core...
Sr Python Developer
CGI is looking for a self-motivated Support Engineer to join an established team supporting a core system for a large financial client in Cary, NC. The system has high visibility within the organization, and is used by many prominent stakeholders. You will be responsible for maintenance, enhancements and new script development for ETL integration, security tool reporting system and automation. You will also have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies on highly visible initiatives to highest level within the Organization.
This role must be located at one of the following locations: New York, NY; Jacksonville, FL
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Take ownership for code development, testing, implementation and documentation for ETL solution and platform automations
• Work with, manage and analyze large datasets to produce summarized reports of network traffic flows for architecture team to design micro-segmentation policy.
• Translate existing manual processes into scripted automations leveraging Python and REST API
• The ideal candidate will be required to perform among other duties, the scope of work lightly defined below:
o Metadata integration bug fixes
o Archer / Guardicore reporting replacement
o Metadata integration enhancements
o Network log reporting
o Policy implementation automation
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• Openshift; able to manage and configure projects and deployments
• REST API
• Git / Source Control
• A highly proactive, self-starter with strong work ethics, high level of professionalism and
exceptional problem solving skills.
• Ability to hit the ground running after initial on-boarding with minimal hand holding thereafter.
• Experienced in working with various level of stakeholders and multi-cultural/global teams.
• An excellent technical and non-technical communicator, both written and verbal.
• The ability to effectively manage quality and to ensure a consistently high degree of successful
delivery with the resource, time and cost constraints.
• Exemplary co-ordination skills and the ability to understand business drivers / IT requirements.
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, maintaining attention to detail.
• Micro-segmentation (Guardicore or relevant vendor)
Optional / Good to have:
• RSA Archer
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- provided by Dice