Are you a Python Engineer who enjoys working in a CI/Cd environment? Do you like building new applications from scratch that are used at an ...
Are you a Python Engineer who enjoys working in a CI/Cd environment? Do you like building new applications from scratch that are used at an Enterprise level? If so, keep reading!
Type: Contract-to-Hire, after 6 months (only interviewing job seekers who can convert w/o sponsorship)
Comp: Market rate. Start as either a W2 of Self-Inc contractor, then become and FTE/salary employee.
Location: 100% remote
Role: This team is growing and brining on a Sr. Python Engineer to help build out new applications from scratch. This team does all of their own coding, testing, deploying (into Cloud), and maintaining their code in production. The team has a strong technical leader, along with some mid-sr level Engineers who enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Solid understanding of software engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, systems design, unit testing, code reviews, Agile practices and DevOps culture.
- Experience working with teams that leveraged two or more of the following: CI/CD pipelines, APIs, serverless/microservices architecture, IaC on public/private cloud, application observability and/or messaging/streaming architecture.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be resourceful, have a proactive attitude and be a great collaborator
- 7+ years of combined experience with various programming languages such as C++, Java, C# and Python
- 3+ years writing Python 3 for production
- 3+ years exp. with GIT, preferably GitHub
- 3+ years writing SQL (Oracle PL/SQL Preferred)
- 2+ years writing unit and integration tests
- 1+ years exp. with Jenkins
- 1+ years exp. with Docker
- 1+ years exp. with containers orchestration either OpenShift or Kubernetes
Nice to Have:
- Apache AirFlow experience
- Instrumenting apps with PrometheGrafana, and creating effective alarms and dashboards
- SRE principles (reliability engineering, error budgets, alarming practices, etc.)
- Experience engineering data pipelines using modern toolsets
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience driving or being key player in agile transformations
How to apply: Please apply directly on this site, or email your resume to
- provided by Dice