As Senior Engineer, you will work on one of the world's largest marketplace, dealing with one billion events per day and c...
As Senior Engineer, you will work on one of the world's largest marketplace, dealing with one billion events per day and contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for existing technical challenges, including building/enhancing the Security related functionality.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Obtains tasks from TL, prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations, agrees task duration with TL and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
- Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
- Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
- Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
- Reports to Team Lead or Project Manager about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
- Collaborates with other teams and project stakeholders.
- Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
- Constantly improves his/her professional level.
- Provides training for other team members on general product architecture as well as his/her AOR.
- If required, make yourselves available for the visits to the client location.
Required Education And Experience:
- University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
- Strong OOP and Design patters knowledge
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of experience in Python backend development
- Strong understanding of Python tooling
- 2+ years in projects with large-scale or highly loaded systems
- Proficient in Linux package management and resolving native library dependencies
- Proficient in AWS infrastructure and configuration management
- Proficiency with Docker containers and Dockerfiles
- 1+ years of either:
- frontend development in an MVC environment
- Basic understanding of queues
- Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and other engineering best practices
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good English (oral & written)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience working in Agile environment
- provided by Dice