Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Sr. Python Engineer w/ strong finance/front-office knowledge for a full-time...
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Sr. Python Engineer w/ strong finance/front-office knowledge for a full-time salary + bonus & beneftis role with one of our premier financial services clients in Houston, TX or Boston, MA. Boston, MA or Houston, TX are prferred however Austin, TX, NYC, NY and Atlanta, GA are also options if necessary. The ideal candidate is passionate about speed, quality, automation, and continuous delivery. The position is fully remote now due to the pandemic, however, you will be required to work out of the firm's offices when they reopen in a covid-safe environment.
This Senior Python Engineer will join a fast-paced agile development team using the latest technologies to build portfolio construction and analysis applications. In this position, you will work to envision, design, develop, and deploy cutting-edge capabilities for a strategic system. The environment is demanding, and you will be challenged. We expect that you are fluent in all things data, and you also understand the nuances of financial services and our investment capabilities.
- Work on new and innovative portfolio construction and analytics applications along with other experienced developers.
- Identify, ingest, and enrich a diverse set of structured and unstructured big data into datasets for analysis.
- Help build out test frameworks to support the team.
- Operate and extend the data research platform to deliver production-quality data on time for analysis.
- Own end-to-end data workflows and develop deep domain expertise to ensure data quality and completeness
- Experiment with new technologies and acquire new skills to find creative solutions to the unique challenges we will encounter along the way
Other Personal Attributes Required:
- The main 3 skills for this position are:
- Top-notch expertise with Python and libraries like NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, and matplotlib
- Very strong understanding of Equity, Fixed Income, and Derivative instruments preferably from his/her experience working at an Investment Management firm.
- a focus on quality and experience/ability to build testing frameworks
- Other skills include:
- Advanced database programming experience with both
- SQL (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) and
- noSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Parquet) data stores.
- Advanced experience with
- Linux server administration
- containerized environments (Docker or LXC), git, continuous integration (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis-CI, or CircleCI),
- documentation (e.g. Sphinx)
- IT security
- distributed computing and parallel computation.
- Intermediate experience working with AWS and its services (EC2, KMS, ElastiCache, EFS, SLB, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Intermediate experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Plotly, PowerBI, Tableau, Plotly Dash, or RShiny)
- Minimum 7 years of confirmed experience developing data analytics and visualization software and workflows
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable working with ambiguity (e.g. imperfect data, loosely defined concepts, ideas, or goals) and translating these into more tangible outputs
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated. Capable of working with little or no supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy challenging and thought-provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and requests
- Must demonstrate a positive, team-focused attitude
- Ability to react positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good inter-personal skills combined with a willingness to listen
- A structured, disciplined approach to work, with attention to detail
- Flexible able to meet changing requirements and priorities
- Maintenance of up-to-date knowledge in the appropriate technical areas
- Able to work in a global, multicultural environment
(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Masters in Statistics, Computer Science or other similar advanced degrees from a top tier educational institution preferred
- CFA, CPA, CIPM, CAIA, and/or FRM preferred, but not required.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at . - provided by Dice