We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of ass...
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.02 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,050 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO maximizes the Beacon cloud development platform to generate analytics, pre-trade analysis and support data science applications. We are looking for a senior python engineer to join our team who can design and build modular applications for portfolio analytics, portfolio managers and other business and Technology teams on Beacon in addition to working on PIMCOâ€™s internal python platform. Youâ€™ll also support developer enablement efforts to empower the growing number of developers across the firm.
- Build well-architected technical solutions for Portfolio Analytics and other internal clients
- Write libraries and utilities with proper abstractions for consumption by internal developers
- Collect and distill requirements and define technical options, trade-offs and present to a technical audience
- Work well as a teammate and collaborate closely with technology and business colleagues
- Write modular, testable code which incorporates monitoring and DevOps practices
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related technical field
- 7+ years of development experience, with deep knowledge of Python 3
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills an absolute must with a proven ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated with strong aptitude for learning and problem solving
- Write idiomatic Python and familiar with constructs such as decorators, generators and comprehensions
- Knowledge of data models, messaging, REST, design patterns and best practices for system integration
- Financial Markets knowledge preferred
- AWS and Docker familiarity preferred
- C++ experience is a plus
- AMPS, REDIS, Object databases, ORACLE, or KDB experience a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office