Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on This role is in the bioinformatics team - you will b...
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on This role is in the bioinformatics team - you will be working on the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples and analyze their genomic profiles, finding the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. You will participate in a small team following agile methodology. Your role would be to contribute to the design, implementation, and acceptance of the application with a focus on performance, stability, security, and usability.
- Work with users and product managers to gather and refine requirements
- Maintain and extend the applications RESTful web service / APIs in Python
- Implement features end-end from user interface through persistent storage.
- Provide written documentation and specifications of software products and services. Preferably in a regulated environment such as IVD or CLIA.
- Evaluate, test, and use open-source software and applications
- Interface with other teams to obtain requirements and support deployed applications.
- Ability and desire to work on all aspects of software development in an agile environment including documentation, design, development, and testing of features and sub-systems.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. The majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.Qualifications
- M.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience developing software in production environment
- Demonstrated expert knowledge using object-oriented programming and design patterns in production environments
- Advanced knowledge of Django and DRF
- Working knowledge of managing and deploying Docker (or other virtualization technologies)
- Experience working with a relational database, preferably PostgreSQL
- Demonstrable ability to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this position
- Effective communicator with written and verbal fluency in English
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at: