Apex Systems is partnered with our client to find a Senior Software Engineer that has previous Machine Learning experience for a 6 month con...
Apex Systems is partnered with our client to find a Senior Software Engineer that has previous Machine Learning experience for a 6 month contract to hire. If this is something you are interested in, please send your most up-to-date resume to Korey Decker at
Sr Software Engineer
Location: Schaumburg, IL
The Sr Software Engineer position encompasses the front-end and back-end development of software applications. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of technical experts to solve a variety of complex problems in a fun and dynamic environment. The team is tasked with creating cloud-based ML/AI solution on Microsoft Azure platform. This role is integral part of that work, working closely with the team as a lead engineer to develop models and continuously working to improve the accuracy and efficiency.
Our ideal candidate is a statistical or machine learning senior professional who deeply understands a broad array of modeling approaches and techniques, who thinks hard about uncertainty, and who takes a pragmatic, applied approach to model development.
The position requires problem-solvers able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment alongside other engineers and developers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Developing/Designing complex end-to-end Enterprise Capture Solution on Microsoft Azure platform (e.g. Azure ML, AFRS, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL, Azure EventHub/IoT Hub, etc.).
- Designing and developing Full Stack applications with Java/J2EE backend and Angular/React JS
- Develop, validate, execute & orchestrate machine learning algorithms and predictive models at scale to extract text from various forms.
- Developing machine learning pipelines that curate datasets, train, test, and validate models, compare model performance to existing or previously catalogued models.
- Develop/Design ADF pipelines
Experience and Skill, You Need:
- Condensing complex requirements into specific and measurable test objectives
- Working with compliance frameworks such as HIPAA
- 5+ years direct work experience as a Full Stack Developer, comfortable to explore Front-end and/or Back-end when required.
- Azure Cognitive Services experience
- Python experience is a must
- Azure Machine learning/data science experience
- Experience connecting and working with a wide range of Azure services such as storage, key vault, and similar services.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Databricks experience will be plus
- Experience with or exposure to DevOps (Jenkins or other CI solutions/Azure/AWS/Google Cloud Platform)
Good to have:
- Experience working with virtualization/containerization tools such as Docker, Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes or Vagrant
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- Azure Data Engineer Associate Certification
- Azure Data Science Associate Certification
- Azure AI Engineer Associate Certification
- Agile/Backlog management tools
- Experience with Unit, Functional and Load Testing
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice