If you are a Sr. Software Engineer, looking for a full time role (remote) offering competitive base pay + generous equity + 5-15% bonus, ple...
If you are a Sr. Software Engineer, looking for a full time role (remote) offering competitive base pay + generous equity + 5-15% bonus, please read on!
We have built a cloud based (AWS) video compression piece of software that is unrivaled in the streaming video ad industry and is the cure to ad buffering problems.
Our software is proven to increase the speed of render rates, streaming, impressions, completions and app downloads dramatically! The videos/ads that utilize our compression engine, scale in the cloud and play billons of mobile and TV devices around the world. We are also backed by 50+ patents.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will be involved in design and implementation of our next generation video ad transcoding product.
- Your role covers the software engineering for the transcoding engines that provide world class video coding as well as the interfaces to AWS Services that interact with our clients systems
- Extend, improve, and maintain video/audio transcoding systems, ensuring functional and performance requirements are met
- Develop, document, and deploy public REST API for video transcoding operations
- Improve transcoding performance, while meeting cost and reliability constraints
- Become the company expert at the center of the product line ensuring the system remains highly scalable with 24x7 reliability
- Diagnose issues and implement solutions for cloud based digital media processing systems
What You Need for this Position
Bonus Points For
- BSCS or related
- 5+ years working with Python & Linux / Unix / Git
- AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SWF, Elastic Beanstalk, API Gateway, IAM)
- Experience working with low-latency, high-volume, and highly-available distributed systems including deployment, monitoring, and building robust fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with FFmpeg internals, command line, and build process
- Media Container Formats such as QuickTime, MP4, MPEG2TS and streaming protocols (DASH, HLS)
- Implementing, testing, and debugging of media workflow systems in the cloud
- Knowledge of common video analysis tools, particularly focused in file-based workflows
- AWS Simple Workflow Service (SWF)
- Machine Learning
What's In It for You
- Competitive base pay + generous equity + 5-15% bonus
- Full benefits
- HUGE room for career growth
So, if you are a Sr. Software Engineer, please apply right now, interviews are being arranged!Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : BJ1- -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Bobby June - Recruiting Manager - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.