NewtonX is building the world's first B2B Knowledge Access Platform. We connect our Fortune 500 clients to subject matter experts with highl...
NewtonX is building the world's first B2B Knowledge Access Platform. We connect our Fortune 500 clients to subject matter experts with highly specific and hard-to-find knowledge, across all industries. Our mission is to empower people to work smarter and make decisions with confidence, and we're leveraging automation and modern technologies to do it. Our core technologies include a global knowledge network with over 1.4 billion professionals, sophisticated automated outreach platforms, our AI-driven expert search engine, and a robust client support system.
We are seeking experienced Backend Engineers to join our team in designing and developing fault tolerant modular systems utilizing sophisticated APIs, large-scale queuing and streaming systems, data processing pipelines, and more. Our team is smart, visionary, supportive and, above all, excited by what we do! We are looking for strong, inquisitive engineers with clever solutions, with a desire to join a small but fast growing team (
- Design and develop modular, reusable, and highly functioning production-grade applications
- Build horizontally scalable software, including RESTful APIs and performant background jobs that consume queues
- Help select and influence new technologies/languages/tools/frameworks
- Collaborate with other technology team members on solution design and code review
- Perform debugging, tech debt resolution, and continuous code quality improvement
- Use test driven development (TDD) and maintain test coverage
- Introduce engineering process improvements and tools (depending on seniority level)
- Mentoring/pair programming/leadership (depending on seniority level)
- 4 years min experience as a software engineer, with strong Python development experience across multiple projects (We use Python/Django, Django REST framework and Celery)
- Hands-on experience developing several web-based applications, including REST APIs
- Experience building asynchronous job processing systems with RabbitMQ/Celery or with other related technologies
- Strong SQL experience with any common relational database
- Experience implementing standard authentication systems (e.g. OAuth using OAuthLib or similar Python libraries)
- Ability to work with horizontally scalable systems (e.g. Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, EC2 behind a load balancer)
- Ability to work with load testing applications (e.g. K6, JMeter, Artillery), and test driven development (TDD) with unit and integration tests using frameworks like Pytest, UnitTest, MagicMock, etc.
- Ability to be extremely comfortable working with version control and branching (e.g. Git), and working in an Agile/Scrum team
- Bachelor's degree or greater in relevant field of study
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience in our DevOps stack: Docker, Kubernetes/Helm, Jenkins
- Experience using Redis
- Experience with RabbitMQ or other major queueing systems (Kafka/PubSub/SQS)