SW Dev - Java & Python Opening in Lexington, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staf...
SW Dev - Java & Python Opening in Lexington, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for an SW Dev - Java & Python role in the Lexington, MA area. This is a multi-year contract position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this SW Dev - Java & Python opportunity; please send a Word resume to Molly Ackerman, Technical Recruiter, at
Position: SW Dev - Java & Python
Apex Job ID:
Location: Lexington, MA
Rate: Negotiable based on experience
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Software Architectures & Algorithms group seeks software developer to support the research and development of large scale open architecture distributed / cloud-based data systems for artificial intelligence (AI) projects utilizing Agile development methodology. This may include web-based front as well as database and data storage back end development. Client staff will design the system architecture and simulation environments with input from the winning candidate. Under the guidance of client technical staff, the candidate will perform the coding, development, implementation, integration, testing and deployment of these systems.
The candidate will work as a member of a team who design and develop software in order to implement large scale open architecture artificial intelligence (AI) projects. They will utilize Agile development methodology. Tasks may include UI front and data curation and storage back end development. The candidate must be experienced in software design, development, integration, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Work will be executed primarily in Java and Python in a mixed Windows/Linux environment using open source and custom software stacks.
The candidate must have expertise with Java and Python development, tools and common design patterns. Experience in innovative applications is especially useful.
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
- • Experience developing distributed and cloud-based systems and services
• Experience developing RESTful and/or SOAP based web services
• Experience in applying skills in innovative, cutting edge applications
• Web application server development using Tomcat or other servlet containers
• Strong object-oriented development skills
• XML technologies including XSDs, XPATH, XSLT, and parsing, storage, and search of XML using open source and custom libraries Experience with modern development tools such as Eclipse, maven, git, github, JIRA, Confluence (or other Wiki technology) Jenkins, Puppet, etc
• Familiarity with DevSecOps methods and processes
• Work well with in a fast moving, small team environment
- • Experience developing scalable architectures in a cloud environment
• Knowledge of full software lifecycle automation and testing tools in a DevOps environment
• Expertise in high performance multi-threaded applications
• Experience with at least one nosql database technology
• Familiarity with BigData technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, HBase, Storm, Kafka, Spark or Zookeeper
• Familiarity with standard SQL databases and JDBC
• Experience developing artificial intelligence, machine learning, or deep learning applications
• Front end development using AJAX, jQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, HTML, CSS, CSS3
• Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
• Expertise in modern software design patterns and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc)
• Unix shell or perl scripting capability
• Securing distributed services using PKI methodologies
• Experience with commercial cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
• Experience with containers
• Existing DoD security clearance and DoD domain specific knowledge in sensors, image processing standards a plus
**Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense security clearance as a condition of employment** Additional Benefits:
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . - provided by Dice