The VP of Cloud and Delivery is looking for AWS cost saving opportunities within their cloud platform. This technical resou...
The VP of Cloud and Delivery is looking for AWS cost saving opportunities within their cloud platform. This technical resource is being charged with bringing more automation and cost savings to their infrastructure that powers their cloud that their customers rely on. This is 75% a technical role and 25% an analyst, solution role. Ideally this person can really be able to think creatively and smartly how to configure, modify or add to existing infra that help save money on their AWS spend.
A quick note from the VP:
the below job description helps cover skill sets that we've found helpful to tackle a lot of our AWS cost savings needs. Our desire is that we find someone that understands AWS well, has Python skills, and is comfortable working with data. In our case that could be pulling data from Snowflake (contains Salesforce data), interfacing with internal restful services, and writing Python scripts to analyze / compare datasets.Edit Comments
The Sr. Systems Development Engineer is responsible for automation and development of our backend infrastructure that powers the our client's Cloud that their customers rely on to manage their Apple devices in their organizations. This also involves providing the internal infrastructure that our client's Software Development Engineers use to build and deploy our client's products in the Cloud.
In this role, you will need to have a strong grasp of Linux fundamentals, strong knowledge of Python programming, and comfort working with configuration management products such as Ansible. Systems Development Engineers are expected to participate in an agile delivery team and to work closely with co-workers to drive projects forward. Our client takes a builder and automation mindset to ensure their platforms are highly available, scalable, and improve day to day for their customers.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
• 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
• A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
• No Licensure or Certification Required. Any of the following are helpful: LPIC-1, LPIC-2, LPIC-3, RHCE (RedHat Certified Engineer), AWS Solutions Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Associate
• Identify techniques and tools that will enhance the capabilities of the team to be more effective.
• Ensure security best practices are identified and integrated into system designs and configuration
• Assist in evaluating, planning, configuration, and implementation of new software
• Maintain and scale our Continuous Integration environment as needed
• Build and maintain production environments, including assisting with disaster recovery
• Build an understanding of our client's software and workflows that make our client's customers successful and apply that knowledge to ensuring the quality of each release
• Participate in an on-call rotation for the services that the team builds and maintains
• Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures.
• Track and follow and, when required, escalate events in a timely manner to the appropriate individual according to documented procedures
DEVELOPMENT & ENGINEERING
• Perform programming/scripting duties in Python, PHP, Bash and/or Java.
• Develop automation where appropriate to make processes used between teams more effective and efficient
• Identify techniques and tools that will enhance the capabilities of the team to be more effective
• Work and communicate effectively with Product Owners, Development teams, and Cloud and Delivery teams
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
• Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
• Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
• 2-4 Years' experience in current programming language (to include at least one mainstream objective oriented or functional language) and tools based on position requirements.
• 2-4 Years' experience developing enterprise grade software with understanding of testing and quality assurance processes.
• 2-4 Years knowledge of source control system's (Git, Subversion)
• 2-4 Years knowledge of issue tracking software (JIRA, Salesforce)
• 2-4 Years' experience working with Linux/Unix command line interfaces, including shell scripting
• 2-4 Years' experience in enterprise security and hardening best practices
• 2-4 Years' experience working in a Systems Administration or similar role focused on performance analysis, capacity planning, and forecasting
• 2-4 Years' knowledge of Continuous Integration Tools and Techniques (Jenkins, Bamboo, or other)
• 2-4 Years' experience with industry standard configuration management and deployment tools (eg. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• 2-4 Years' Experience administering some or all of the following technologies: Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, IAM, ElastiCache)
• 2-4 Years' experience working with monitoring (Logic Monitor, AppDynamics, Zabbix, etc) and logging tools (Splunk, Sumologic, or ELK (ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana))
• Advanced knowledge of containerization concepts and Kubernetes
• Basic knowledge of MySQL or Postgres
• Strong Communication Skills
• Proven Analytical Skills
• Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
• Good Listening Skills
• Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
• Solution focused ability working collaboratively in a fast paced environment
• Strong knowledge in various operating systems; Windows server, Linux, Max OS X
• Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions, routine, factual and/or technical information
• Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
• Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints
• Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
• Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
• Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule
• Ability to communicate with individuals; requires ability to hear and speak effectively on phone or via technology enabled device.
- provided by Dice