Technical Lead - Full Stack Web Developer with Python and Django, 2
The Technical Lead Full Stack Web Developer (Python / Django) will work at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) on the next version of SciENcv.
· Work in an Agile product team of other developers, Product Owner, stakeholders, DevOps and UI/UX designer to implement NIHMS submission UI, data processing flows and admin tools.
· Learn new technologies, keep up with the internal systems, and share your knowledge with the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and contribute to code development standards, code reviews, and team process improvements.
· Mentor, coach, and train junior developers
· Build and maintain robust, performant, user-facing web applications in Python/Django supporting millions of daily users.
· Develop, create, and ship new functionality for user interaction and scientific data backend, using modern APIs and frameworks.
· Build highly efficient backend components using Python and integrate front end components into the applications.
· Develop and maintain test suites, monitor applications for performance, security, and accessibility compliance.
· Work as an integral part of an agile product team to deliver an unbelievably great user experience.
· Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
· BS in Computer Science or scientific field (engineering, physics), or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of Full stack Web applications development, 3+ years using python and Django.
· Experience with relational database modeling and data migration
· Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
· Experience with version control systems like Git or SVN
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and team player
· Experience developing Django web applications and services.
· Experience using web services and RESTful APIs.
· Familiarity with search engines and backends (Lucene, Solr)
· Semantic markup and modern web layout techniques
· Automated regression testing with Selenium
· Proficient understanding of Git version control system
· Experience with agile development processes
· Experience in a technical lead role
· Excellent teamwork, communication, and collaboration skills
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get…
· Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
· Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
· Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
· Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
· Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
· Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
· Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
· A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
Dovel Technologies/Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.