Who We Are
With its headquarters in NYC, a major R&D hub in Sydney, and operating in 16 markets globally, Rokt is expanding ra...
Who We Are
With its headquarters in NYC, a major R&D hub in Sydney, and operating in 16 markets globally, Rokt is expanding rapidly. As the global leader in e-commerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make e-commerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$100M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in 'Great Places to Work' in US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
Our goal is to build a strong engineering team in NYC. To achieve this we need strong technical leadership - leaders who can identify and nurture good talent and inspire their team. You will be the first member of a brand new Engineering team and as such you will have the opportunity to build your dream team of 3-4 engineers from scratch.
Your team will be responsible for all accounting automation-related things. Billing, invoicing, payment processing, financial reporting etc. We are looking for a highly motivated technical leader who is able to wrap their heads around complex challenges and work with the team to come up with simple solutions that make the Finance Platform scalable, reliable and extensible.
You will be expected to apply your strong engineering, problem-solving and leadership skills to prioritize and execute on new feature development and improvements to the existing platform. This will include working closely with the Product team and Finance/Accounting team to help translate feature requests into clear engineering requirements, collaborating with your team of engineers.
You will be leading a team that forms a cohort of high performing teams across a multitude of disciplines within engineering. You will work closely with your peers to ensure we are driving towards sustainable system architectures and organizational structures.
- Define standards and implement repeatable development practices
- Ensure the sustainability and robustness of the system deliveries
- Identify and propose improvements to the current system architecture that emphasize reliability and scalability
- Own your systems codebase, ensuring quality standards are met
- Drive scrum/agile processes
- Work with the Product team to deliver roadmap
- Empower, grow and mentor the team
- Ensure continuity and ongoing career development for the team
- Participate in short, medium and long term planning processes
- Participate in recruitment processes for your team and the broader business
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise
- Python > 3.8 with type hints
- Flask/Falcon, and its ecosystems
- Distributed systems design and implementation
- Messaging systems and technologies (e.g. SQS, Kafka, etc.)
- SQL and NoSQL data modelling experience (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Dyanamodb)
- Tox, Pytest, Unittest, Testing Frameworks
- Postman, Newman, or other integration tests stack
- CI/CD 3 musketeers (make, docker, compose)
- AWS, cloud formation, terraform or related experiences
- AWS certification
- Nodejs ecosystems and backend stack (expressjs, nestjs, jest)
- 10+ years of experience within Software Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience within an engineering leadership role
- Extensive proven experience in working with service integration and microservice architecture, AWS cloud architecture experience is desirable.
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule work in an efficient and productive manner, understanding business logic and be able to translate into technical implementation
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, 'Level Up' investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt'speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt'star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt'stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.