Our client is seeking a Teradata Engineer w/ Python (or any Object Oriented Programming) along with modern software engineering practices (C...
Our client is seeking a Teradata Engineer w/ Python (or any Object Oriented Programming) along with modern software engineering practices (Continuous Integration, Specification by Example, Behavior / Test Driven Development - BDD, TDD) and respective tools, to become a part of a dynamic team located in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette LA or New York NY ! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
This Teradata Engineer will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
· Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
· Continuously improve software engineering practices
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
· Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Work on a variety of development projects on a Teradata platform and provide architecture guidance
•Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements
•Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
•Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects
•Support other team members in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in automation testing of developed systems/solutions
•Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
•Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
•Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
This position requires:
• 5+ years of experience with Teradata Database , Architecture with large scale database applications.
• 2+ years of Programming experience in Python or any Object Oriented Programming
• Nice to have 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies , AWS experience is preferable.
• Nice to have 2+ years in Test Driven Development (TDD), and/or Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is a plus
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
• Strong experience in developing of Complex Teradata database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Tables, Views, Indexes, Constraints, Synonyms, Materialized Views using SQL and stored procedures.
• Extensive experience query optimization & writing complex SQL Queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve Teradata database problems & technical support to Services and Development groups.
• Knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop/HIVE is a plus
- provided by Dice