Are you interested in working on cutting edge vehicle simulation projects? Do you have software quality assurance experience PLUS domain kno...
Are you interested in working on cutting edge vehicle simulation projects? Do you have software quality assurance experience PLUS domain knowledge in vehicle dynamics? Great- we'd love to talk to you!
Mechanical Simulation Corporation develops software that simulates the dynamic behavior of cars, heavy trucks and motorcycles. Unique skills are required to help this cutting-edge company deliver industry leading development and testing tools to a global audience.
About the Role
Mechanical Simulation Corporation is a company in which technical staff members play many roles. The Simulation Test Engineer's primary role will be to develop new procedures that exercise simulation tools to expose potential defects and to validate new simulation features. Some travel will be required to local customer sites (Southeast Michigan and nearby) and possible overseas trips (Europe, Asia, and South America).
In this role, you will:
- Develop applications to effectively test simulation software.
- Work with customers to understand potential problems.
- Write and review documentation, provide technical support, and testing of new versions of our software prior to release.
- Bachelors degree in Computer or Mechanical Engineering or vehicle dynamics simulation experience.
- 2 to 10 years of experience in automotive industry.
- Experience using simulation software such as CarSim and Simulink or similar tools.
- Experience with real-time hardware such as DSPACE, National Instruments, Concurrent or similar tools
Helpful to have prior experience:
- Using our products (CarSim, BikeSim, TruckSim, and SuspensionSim).
- Using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Using scripting languages like Python and/or Groovy.
- Programming as needed to support automation and integration of multiple software tools.
- Experience with Unreal or Unity Game Engines
- Working with automotive driving simulators.
- Working with real-time simulation systems.