Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning ...
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Awards & Recognition
- We've developed an end-to-end platform - from a purpose-built authoring engine (Volt) to a growing catalogue of on-demand simulation content - that is both scalable and customizable.
- We leverage leading technology to help the next generation of students and professionals develop advanced skillsets through proprietary experiential learning.
Position Web Developer (Back-End, Python)
- Backed by best-in-class VC's, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next "Smartphone," VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
As part of the Engineering team you will work alongside a team of developers (all remote) to design, build and maintain our LMS (learning management system), 3D simulation tools, analytics and integrations with external systems.
This is a fully remote position.Why this position
What You'll Do
- Meaningful, impactful projects
- Mission-driven company
- Mentor, manage and lead junior team members
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Diverse range of projects in the development of the LMS, 3D simulation tools, analytics and integrations with external systems - integrations, analytics and globalization
- Manage coding projects and delegate work to a small team where required
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Maintain and improve code quality and organization
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Expert knowledge in Python developing web apps, cloud- based services and database manipulation
- NoSQL database experience, in AWS DynamoDB, GCP DataStore or similar technology
- Education - Formal training in a relevant software development or computer science course, or equivalent experience in a practical role that can be demonstrated
- Strong communication skills allowing efficient communication in English with your team members, and the ability to manage and delegate tasks to appropriate team members where necessary
- Practical ability to write clear, concise code that is readable, and easily maintained; experience in testing practices; building robust, scalable and performant web applications
- Experience integrating with external APIs, services and authentication procedures
- We will only consider candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US
Interplay Learning Ethos
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.Company Benefits
- Generous vacation policy (3 weeks of PTO + week off around the end of year holidays)
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Learning stipend
- This position is 100% remote now and forever!
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We're building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.